With a lot of electric pressure cookers on the market, you may find it a challenge to choose the best cooking appliance for you. If you are looking for a cooker that will offer you dependable consistent cooking results, you can consider the Instant Pot IP-DUO60 7-in-1 Multi-Functional Pressure Cooker, 6Qt/1000W. This is a simple and convenient appliance designed to make your cooking activities a walk in the park.
As the name suggests, the cooker can be used to prepare a wide range of foods. Built with stainless steel, the appliance is durable and doesn’t pose any health risk. It comes with the best features and has some latest technology incorporated in it. Read this detailed review to learn more about the electric pressure cooker.
– 7-in-1 Multi-functional cooker.
The 1000-watt cooker can function as a pressure cooker, a rice cooker, a slow cooker, a sauce pan, a steamer, a warmer and a yogurt maker. It is definitely a handy cooker with seven appliances built into it.
– 8-Quart capacity.
With this capacity, the cooker targets a small family, a couple or just a single person. This means that the entire cooker is smaller in size, and thus can fit in any kitchen.
– Large & easy to use control panel.
The user needs just to push a button or swipe a finger on the button to operate the control panel. The panel is used to control 14 built-in smart programs, 3 distinct temperature levels, dual pressure settings and automatic keep-warm. The user can easily set time, pressure and even pressure-release schedule.
The 14 programs use micro-processor and are for soup, rice, multigrain, bean/chili, meat/stew, poultry, slow cooking, sauté, keeping-warm, yogurt, fermented rice, porridge, steaming and pasteurization.
The dual pressure settings allow for fast and flexible cooking. The user can decide to save time by cooking with the high pressure. The low pressure setting is suitable for cooking delicate food.
– 3-ply stainless steel cooking pot.
There is no doubt that the pot is durable with this material. It facilitates for uniform heating which provides consistent cooking results. A measuring scale is provided on the pot to allow the user prepare the right amount of food.
– 24-hour timer & keep-warm function.
The timer tells when the food is ready by producing a sound. The user has to set the cooking time. The keep-warm function automatically turns on the warm mode to keep the food at a temperature of around 70˚C.
– Industrial design and accessories.
The cooker has a new slim body design with a fingerprint resistant brushed stainless steel exterior. The outer rim is coated with a thick heat resistant paint. When it comes to accessories, there is a low profile stainless steel rack with handles. There is also a user manual, quick reference guide and pressure cooking recipe booklet.
First, the Instant Pot IP-DUO60 7-in-1 Multi-Functional Pressure Cooker, 6Qt/1000W is built to North American Electrical Standards. It is UL & ULC certified and comes with a number of safety mechanisms as described below.
– Safety lid lock to prevent accidental opening when the cooker has pressure.
– Pressure regulator to keep the pressure under the safe working limit.
– Leaky lid smart detection to help release steam.
– Anti-blockage vent to prevent food elements from blocking the vent.
– Lid position detection & magnetic sensor to monitor the lid and ensure it is in the right position and safe zone
– Automatic pressure control to keep pressure in the safe range.
– Excess pressure protection to release pressure into the inner chamber in case of a dangerous situation.
– Automatic temperature control to regulate temperature depending on the selected program.
– High temperature monitoring to prevent food from burning.
– Fuse to cuts off power when electrical current or temperature exceeds safe limits.
Dimensions: 13 x 12.6 x 12.2 inches.
Weight: 12 pounds.
– One cooker that serves as seven separate appliances.
– Default cooking settings that allow for preparation of a wide range of foods.
– Temperature settings and display to help you cook on the right heat.
– Easy to clean and resistant to staining.
– Pressure release mechanisms to allow for accident-free lid opening.
– Provides a lot of delay time i.e. 24 hours.
– Saves a lot of counter space with its smaller size.
– The outer pot can be difficult to clean. A slim brush and hot water are needed to clean this part.
– It is priced higher, but offers a lot of benefits as detailed above.
Customer opinion & conclusion.
The Instant Pot IP-DUO60 7-in-1 Multi-Functional Pressure Cooker, 6Qt/1000w has received close to 10,000 customer reviews on the leading online shopping platforms. It is rated 4.7/5.0 stars which shows it really is a great product.
Most customers are happy about its simplicity, convenience, reliable features and high technology. The cooker is kitchen friendly and energy efficient, and is therefore a good choice for people looking for these qualities in an electric pressure cooker.