Looking for an electric pressure cooker that will transform cooking in your kitchen? Well, look no further than the MaxiMatic EPC-808 Elite Platinum Electric Pressure Cooker. This is one of the highly rated and most reliable products from the American kitchen electrics and household products manufacturer.
There is no doubt that the cooker is designed and built with a beginner cook in mind. It is fast, easy to cook & clean and has a fair share of the latest technology and innovativeness in the world of kitchen appliances. Read on to learn more about the cooker’s features, benefits, safety, customer opinion and more.
– 14 Multi-function settings.
The settings include reheat, keep warm, stew, brown rice, white rice, wild rice/grain, poultry, soups, pork/ribs, beef, potatoes, vegetables/fish, beans and desserts. This feature is boosted by a delay timer and a browning function. The timer can be programmed to delay up to 24 hours while the browning function facilitates for sautéing and cooking of meat & other foods that require browning.
– 8-Quart & non-stick inner cooking pot.
This part is well marked to ensure the user doesn’t exceed cooking capacity of a particular meal. The extra large pot makes the cooker the best choice for people with bigger families.
– Customized accessories.
The 1200-watt cooker features accessories that meet specific cooking needs of the user. They include measuring cup, scoop holder, serving scoop and condensation collector. There is also a stainless steel inner pot which is bought separately and used to replace the non-stick inner pot.
– Touchpad digital control, Pre-set menu functions & Indicator beep.
The digital control allows the user set and monitor cooking times. The menu functions do away with guesswork of cooking temperatures and times. The indicator beep happens at the end of a cooking cycle to let the user know when the food is ready.
– Programmable cook-time & Automatic keep-warm function.
With the help of the programmable cook-time feature, the user can set a cooking time of between 0-99 minutes depending on his or her cooking needs. The automatic keep-warm function is useful at the end of a cooking cycle and helps keep food warm up to 12 hours.
The MaxiMatic EPC-808 Elite Platinum Electric Pressure Cooker is ETL certified and comes with a number of safety features. Many common errors that harm the user or spoil the food are taken care of by the safety features. The cooker has:
– Pressure limited valve protection to release pressure once the maximum pressure is reached.
– Floater protection to keep the lid intact when the cooker has pressure.
– Lid-locked protection to eliminate pressure when the cooker is not closed properly.
– Anti-mud protection to keep the pressure limited valve working properly.
– Pressure control for keeping the pressure steady.
– Self-relief device which disconnects the pot and the lid to release pressure.
– Temperature detection to control the temperature.
– Fuse protection to cut of power when maximum temperature is attained.
– Extra large with 8-quart capacity.
– Simple to operate with pre-sets.
– Wide range of nice colors.
– Designed to provide good results.
– Easier cleaning with non-stick pot and stainless steel body.
– Doesn’t support slow cooking.
– Lacks manual temperature controls.
– Not suitable for gravy making or simmering.
– Occupies bigger space with larger dimensions of 14″ x 14″ x 14″.
Customer opinion & conclusion.
The MaxiMatic EPC-808 Elite Platinum Electric Pressure Cooker is rated 4.3/5 stars and has received thousands of customer reviews online. Most customers tout its simplicity and speed. There are a few complaints about the cooker leaking steam and breaking down prematurely. Generally, the cooker is a good choice for people who want an automatically-controlled and pressure cooking appliance.